Well-known NZ brand Barkers specialize in quality men’s clothing and accessories; this quality is seen in every aspect of their brand, which has always flowed through to their website. In December they took this a step further with the release of Barkers new look website just in time for the Christmas rush. The challenge was to embrace to a more traditional ecommerce layout while still maintaining a brand and design led site.
By incorporating best practice ecommerce trends into the existing Barkers features they are already seeing a positive result in sales.
Some of the key changes included:
Home page functionality changes:
- Mega menu with large editable area on right to promote a featured product.
- Transparent panel overlay on main image. This allows for additional promotional messages above the fold but has the ability to be hidden when they are after one strong compelling message.
- Introduce 6 new editable content areas to drive traffic to different sections of site/promotions.
- Location based shipping offer in header and footer allowing for geo-targeted messaging.
Product list functionality changes:
- To optimize for iPad, colour swatches change product image colour on click.
Product display page functionality:
- Display Colour and size as swatches.
- Alternate views thumbnail image section