What integrating your online store can do for your webstore:
- Display your full product range with no manual data entry
- Utilise customer details and loyalty status such as store credit or vouchers
- Handle stock updates and orders
- Display real time stock levels and pricing updates
- Manage your entire database as a single entity
- Handle order fulfilment out of retail stores
- Display instore stock availability at by location
- Facilitate Click and collect
The key to ecommerce profitability is reducing the biggest operating cost - administration.
People are great at tasks requiring judgement but poorly wired (and expensive) for carrying out routine tasks. Computer automation is the perfect alternative for mundane, repetitive tasks that need to be carried out reliably and consistently within a defined set of rules.
For an ecommerce website, the common automated administration tasks are updating prices and stock levels, applying special deals, updating customer contact details and letting them know when their goods are arriving. More advanced automation handles bookings, scheduling promotions and promotional advertising on the site, alerting customers about items coming back into stock and reminding them to write a review.
Automation tasks often require integration of the website database with back office systems. This can be challenging but Solutionists have over a decade of experience working with these systems and have developed a huge bank of experience and code to handle almost any scenario.
The key to effective automation is a detailed understanding of the process flows that are required and the limitations of the data that is available, followed by the creation of a cost effective solution that works.